In This Department
Human Resources Department for the City of New Castle includes management of employee records including employee, worker's comp, FMLA; maintaining applicant records; administering various programs such as drug/alcohol testing ; insuring compliance with federal, state and local codes and ordinances governing human resources; and handling Union affairs including contract negotiations.
We are committed to:
- Ensuring equitable, professional, and consistent applications of the principles of human resource management, promoting competence, accountability and public trust.
- Serving with a confidential/caring attitude and performing our duties with integrity.
- Developing and retaining a well-qualified workforce that reflects the high standards of the community we serve.
- Creating effective resources in order to administer and explain benefits, policies and procedures.
- Encouraging individual success with training, recognition, and effective communication.
- Representing and protecting employees' rights to a safe, healthy and drug-free workplace.
- Providing equal opportunity for a rewarding career without discrimination based on age, religion, sex, race, national origin, or disability as defined by applicable law.
News & Notices
Published: Thursday, April 04, 2013
Published: Thursday, January 17, 2013
CITY NEWSLETTER Telephone Contact Number It is your responsibility to notify the Utility Office of your correct billing address and telephone number in case we need to contact you. ALTERNATIVE PAYMENT OPTIONS! We now accept credit and debit ca...
Published: Wednesday, January 25, 2012
City City of New Castle, Indiana An Equal Opportunity Employer POSITION TITLE(S) INTERESTED IN: DEPARTMENT(S) INTERESTED IN: POSTING NUMBER: APPLICATION APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT Instructions: 1. Please type or print legibly in black ink. 2. ...