New Castle, IN 47362
- Phone: (765) 521-6803
- Staff Directory
In This Department
- Board of Public Works & Safety Minutes
- Budgets & Finance
- City Code On-line (codified ordinances)
- City Council Minutes
- Public Access to Information
Public Access to Information
Consistent with the philosophy of the State of Indiana, the City of New Castle agrees that all documents of the City are public records and should be available for inspection and copying, with the exception of a few documents that are considered confidential under Indiana Code 5-14-3-4. Requests for public records from the City of New Castle must be in writing and reasonably particular.
Requests for public records will be reviewed during normal business hours. The Mayor's office will acknowledge the receipt of hand-delivered requests within 24 business hours and the receipt of requests via facsimile, mail or electronic mail within seven (7) calendar days. These will be forwarded to the Clerk Treasurer.
There may be charges for duplication of the requested records per city ordinance. The Clerk Treasurer's office will respond in writing to all requests that are denied and state the statutory exception authorizing the withholding of all or part of the public record and the name and title/position of the person responsible for the denial.
Official electronic documents are not available from the City of New Castle.
Requesting Public Information
- Public Access to Information - Electronic Request
- Public Access to Information - Printable Request Form
- Should you chose to file your request on paper, once the form has been completed, deliver via:
227 N. Main Street
New Castle, IN 47362
Hand deliver during regular office hours
Viewing Public Information
- Contracts between the city and other public agencies
Minutes of all public meetings conducted by the Board of Public Works
Minutes of all public meetings conducted by the City Council
- Agendas for City Council and Board of Public Works Meetings
- Copies of Ordinances and Resolutions
- All financial data including revenues, expenditures and City Budgets.