In This Department
Mr. Copenhaver has been New Castle City Attorney during the administration of five New Castle Mayors.
Duties of the City Attorney:
- Represent, support and provide legal advise or written opinions to the Mayor and City Council, department heads and staff members of the various city departments;
- Aggressively represent the City in legal proceedings, both as plaintiff and defendant;
- Make recommendations to city council for or against the settlement or dismissal of legal proceedings;
- To render timely legal advice to city boards, commissions, and committees; to research and provide information on legal issues; to prepare legal documents, including ordinances, resolutions and contracts;
- To review and prepare amendments to the New Castle municipal code to maintain consistency with current state and federal laws.
News & Notices
Published: Tuesday, May 14, 2013
Approved 5/6/2013 by the Utility Impact Board WATER THEFT PROTOCOL 1) Customer notified in bill of delinquent account and water will be turned off. This appears on the last monthly statement mailed 1st Class to customer by Utility. 2) Customer...
Published: Friday, January 14, 2011
NEWSLETTER City of New Castle CORRECT CONTACT INFORMATION It is very important that you maintain correct contact information with the Utility office, especially telephone numbers. Many people today are changing to cell phones and, if you have ...
2010 Settlement Agreement between the City of New Castle & Randy Neal, Integrity Land Management, LLC, R.E. Neal, LLC and Neal Scrap Metal, LLC
Published: Monday, July 12, 2010
SETTLEMENT AGREEMENT This Agreement is entered into this ____ day of __________ 2010, between the City of New Castle (hereinafter "City") and Randy Neal, Integrity Land Management, LLC, R.E. Neal, LLC and Neal Scrap Metal, LLC (hereinafter "Ne...